The seat post was stuck on this when I picked it up.
I’m not keen on using chemicals for extraction,
A ) because of the probable environmental impacts disposing of caustic soda and
B) I don’t want to risk damaging the frame paint ,
so I have opened up the seat post clamp lug
and will soak with penetrating oil for a few days..
Well, this has to be the worst case I’ve had so far.
I really didn’t want to use chemicals, so I cut, rasped and reamed..
My friend is an engineer, so I took the frame to him, and we tried our best..
but sadly a crack appeared on the non drive side area of the seatpost clamp collar, so I will see if I can repair with a tig weld, luckily, the frame is constructed with tig welding, so won’t look too bad.
I spent a little time filing and sanding to get as much of the original contour back as possible..
so just a little more, then I will have to resort to chemical extraction.
Next time use wintermint oil. You can only purchase it at pharmacies. Leave it overnight and I will bet the electrolysis bonding between the steel frame and the alloy post will be loosened.
I hope I don’t have to try, but if I do, I will< thanks!